After investing in natural stone materials such as limestone, travertine, granite and marble, you will want to employ proper cleaning and sealing procedures and care to maintain their beauty and durability.
It is a common misconception that stone is 'stain proof'. However, water, oils and other liquids can easily penetrate porous natural stones, leaving unwanted stains. Using a good quality sealer will protect your stone from most spills and help maintain its natural look and luster as well as protect the grout from staining.
Our natural stone cleaning and sealing procedure combines our special stone cleaning chemicals and low pressure machine to blast dirt off the stone’s surface and grout bringing them back to life. We can remove years of built up soil and grime embedded in the cracks and crevasses on the surface of your stone.
We then we will apply 1-2 coats of our heavy duty professional grade sealer for stone. There are 2 options for stone sealers. You can either keep the 'natural' look of your stone or give it a 'wet'; or enhanced look which will deepen the color of the stone. Both offer protection from staining and weathering.
Do's and Don'ts for cleaning stone floors:
- DO dust mop stone floors frequently
- DO clean stone floors with a neutral pH cleaner or stone soap
- DO thoroughly rinse and dry the floor after mopping
- DO blot up spills immediately
- DO protect stone floors with non-slip mats or area rugs
- DON'T use vinegar or others acid cleaners on stone floors
- DON'T use cleaners like bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners, or tub & tile cleaners (they may contain acid)
- DON'T use abrasive cleaners