Once your grout has been thoroughly cleaned and sealed, these daily grout maintenance guidelines will help ensure your tile and grout will retain it’s beauty for years to come as well as to prolong the life of the sealer applied.
Avoid strong alkaline, butyl or acid based cleaners such as bleach, ammonia, and vinegar.
For best results, keep mop and water as clean as possible and don’t skip step 5!
- Sweep or vacuum the floor to remove any loose dirt or debris
- Mix ph neutral floor cleaner as per manufacturer’s recommendations
- Mop surface using cleaning solution, clean mop head and a bucket with wringer.
- Rinse the area thoroughly with a clean bucket of water
- And now the final and most important step, DRY THE FLOOR.
- If our KleenSeal Grout Restoration Sealer was applied be sure to have our KleenCare Maintenance Program performed no less than every 12 months to keep your floors looks their best.
Do’s and Dont’s of Ceramic Tile Grout Care
Do use neutral cleaner for periodic and regular maintenance of your tile and grout.
Don’t use vinegar and water for cleaning tile. Vinegar is acidic and will damage grout and bleach its color.
Don’t use muriatic acid or other acidic cleaners- it is dangerous to people, pets, tile and grout.
Don’t use bleach on a tile application. It is acidic, corrosive and toxic and has the same effect on tile and grout as vinegar.
Don’t clean the surface of tile with abrasive cleaning powders. They will scratch the tile and wear down glazed and unglazed surfaces prematurely.
Ceramic/Porcelain Tiles - One of the greatest aspects about ceramic tile is that it is a true low maintenance material. Minimal effort will keep it looking great for years to come. Most tile applications, will require only a periodic cleaning with neutral cleaner to remove dirt and soil buildup. DO NOT USE A DISH DETERGENT; it will leave a soapy residue and cause dullness.
If your grout has been sealed with our unique KleenSeal Grout Restoration Sealer, regular cleaning with a neutral cleaner and an annual cleaning with our KleenCare Maintenance Program will keep your floor looking it’s best for many years to come and keep the our warranty in tact.
Recent Blog Posts
A. Mannion of Califon, NJ